Getting Started with ASAP
Prerequisites: A Medallion Foundation client with at least one Medallion Star operating under FAR 135 or FAR 121.
1. Attend an ASAP overview or review program with Kent Adams the Medallion Foundation ASAP Manager. Also review the ASAP Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
2. Send an email to Kent (firstname.lastname@example.org) expressing desire to enter the program. Indicate which employee groups will be participating.
3. Designate Company Representatives, and appoint (elect) employee representatives for each employee group. Alternate members of each are also desirable. These people will participate in the Event Review Committee (ERC).
4. The ERC members will receive one day of training provided by Medallion Foundation and the FAA.
5. The Company will then develop and deliver their own training for their employees. This is normally an hour or two of training based on excerpts from the one day training discussed in #4.
6. Kent may monitor at least one session of the company training.
7. Kent will provide usernames and passwords to the employees as they are trained.
8. After the employees have been trained, a Company executive with appropriate authority signs the last page of the MOU together with the FAA FSDO manager from the local office. A copy of this document must be provided to the Medallion Foundation. This is the official start of the program.